Now, more than ever, our teenagers need to feel confident and believe in their own self worth. Shocking numbers of young people are stressed and anxious. Intense social scrutiny, added to the normal pressures of teenage relationships, school and college exams is taking its toll on a whole generation. Role works with schools and colleges, bringing together successful local working women and teenage girls to:
- Share in upbeat and motivational sessions which promote self-belief
- Improve self awareness and basic communication skills
- Debate relevant issues eg. careers advice and the portrayal of women in the media.
- Learn about local career opportunities in an informal setting
- Develop role model and mentoring relationships.